COVID UPDATE - Effective May 18, 2021 Bishop Callahan has released new guidelines for celebrating Eucharist during COVID-time. Here are the allowed changes we will begin offering. I hope they are an encouragement to everyone! Visit diolc.org to read Bishop's letter in full.
1) Wearing face coverings and maintaining social distance is strongly encouraged for the sake of one's neighbors.
2) The gifts may once again be brought up during Offertory. Please use the provided hand sanitizer and wear a mask if you are presenting the gifts. Fr. Matt will ask a family at random to bring up the gifts each week.
3) Please avoid physical contact during the Sign of Peace.
4) Please be keenly aware of your neighbor. Bear one another's burdens (Gal 6: 2) and make sure your freedom becomes no stumbling block to others (1 Cor 8: 9). Be ready to move to accommodate one another. Talk to one another with love, use your words! Remember the Lord Jesus...
5) The front half of church will remain marked off with tape for those who especially want 6-foot distancing and masks. This should accommodate around 30 persons. Behind the taped off pews folks are welcome to sit as they are comfortable with one another.
This is a trying time. But remember, we are Christians! We ought to bear this cross differently than the world. Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint, because God's love has been poured into our hearts. (Rom 5: 3 - 5)
Easter peace, always,
Please warmly welcome Fr. Ernie from the Crosier Fathers this Sunday. Fr. Ernie will share with you a bit about the work their community does to care for the poor among us. Please support their work as generously as you are able. Envelopes will be available in the pews. Please make checks payable to Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish with Crosier Fathers Mission Appeal in the Memo line
Two options for ONLINE CONTRIBUTIONS available here - https://diolc.org/annunciation-of-the-blessed-virgin-mary-parish-viroqua/ - may make a single gift or set up a reoccurring donation which can be ended at any time.
Due to lack of space for socially-distanced classrooms, we will be offering Wednesday evening Mass at 6:30 PM instead of RE classes. As events change, so will the plan. Masses may be tailored to grade levels, but everyone in the family is welcome. Masks are required unless exempted per Governor Evers' Emergency Order. RE Mass will also be offered on our Facebook page.
God has chosen to save us not as individuals but as members of a community of faith. For this reason, the faithful who wish to receive the sacraments Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation are to be registered members of St. Mary's Parish. ALL are welcome to attend services and celebrate the Eucharist at St. Mary's!